RSS

Free Your Mind

I've been in Atlanta for well over a year now and I still don't get the whole "there are no men in Atlanta" thing. I've done more dating here than I ever did where I previously lived. I'm talking about "eligible" guys with things going for themselves. I'm currently in a relationship now and maintained a steady dating life before I got attached. I think the thing about Atlanta is, there are a lot of fake ballers/players etc. but those people are everywhere. I definitely ran across my fair share of them in my old city. Most of those types are easy to avoid if you stay out of those circles. I'm not looking for a baller/athlete/fake celebrity so I avoid those guys like the plague. I also refuse to play these games of catering to a man and putting myself out there as if I will accept anything just to have a man and then later cry foul when it doesn’t play out the way you thought it would. I make it clear what I am looking for and if the guy isn't up for it, they politely bow out... After all, most men have plenty of other options that will accept whatever they are offered so if you set some boundaries it becomes very easy to eliminate those who aren’t about anything.

There are a lot of attractive women here but oh well... so am I. In order to be "competitive" you have to be able to bring something to the table and have something going for yourself other than your looks. Based on feedback from the guys that I have dated, although there are a lot of attractive women here most of them don't have their head on straight. They are into clubbing, trying to be in videos, demanding to be taken to 5-star restaurants on the first date and other bird antics such as those. If you're attractive AND down to earth it will be refreshing to the men here and you won't have problems... At least that's what I have experienced.

Don’t believe the hype about there being no men in Atlanta and/or that everyone is gay or on the DL. Or better yet maybe I should just let women keep thinking that so they can stay away and I’ll have more to choose from.

0 comments:

Post a Comment