RSS

Love vs. Logic

"Our lives are better left to chance. I could've missed the pain but I'd of had to miss the dance." – Garth Brooks

I was listening to Garth Brooks "The Dance" and it got me to thinking about life experience, relationships, and skepticism. If you're unfamiliar with the song, he talks about a relationship that was his everything at the time but it eventually went bad. He questions that if he had known the outcome, would it have been better to skip over the relationship and the resulting heartbreak or were the good times experienced during the relationship worth the painful end?

People always talk about learning from mistakes. At what point does learning from your mistakes become unnecessary skepticism? Can too much life experience prevent you from giving someone the benefit of the doubt? If you had a feeling that something might end badly would you do it anyway? Do you have any experiences that ended badly, but you would do it again just for the journey that got you to that end?

I'm impatient. I want to know the big picture and how it will all turn out. I think a lot of people want to know this which is why the Psychic industry brings in millions every year. I try to calculate my risks before proceeding to a certain level but love isn't a calculation. It's easy to say that if you knew how something would go, you would avoid it but that's not always the case. I'm learning that sometimes you have to reach that dead end in order to learn the lessons that you need to get to the next level. If I skipped over some of my most painful breakups, I'd also be skipping over all the life experiences and lessons that I learned during those relationships. I think you should consider your past experience but don't let that stop you from jumping in with abandon. Sometimes the journey is more important than the destination.

0 comments:

Post a Comment