RSS

Devil in a New Dress

If you've been doing all you can and it's not happening for you, go out and have you a good old time. Put on your sexy dress and move on. –Beyoncé

I'd like to think that there are only few things in my life that can't be fixed by a new dress, new hair, and some good girl power music. I plan to acquire all three over the weekend. Sometimes things don't work out. It can be disappointing and even a little sad but I know that I can't live in that space. I still have me, and I'm pretty damn awesome. That's the most important thing.

I've already gone on a date, booked my next vacation, and lost some weight. I guess you could say I'm highly motivated. I plan to use this motivation to continue moving forward. One monkey don't stop no show and the show must go on.

I'd like to think that every experience that I have, whether positive or negative, makes me sharper. Better. Every guy that I meet gets me a little closer. I remember the things that I like and I also learn about new things to avoid. When you know what you deserve, it's easy to get rid of people that don't measure up. People that try to make you accept less. There was a time when I would probably take what I could get, but I'm thankful that I'm not that girl anymore. I give my all and expect the same in return. I don't do it for the other person. I do it so that I don't have to walk around with regrets. It must suck to know that you've lost a person or opportunity simply because of your inability to step up. When I know that I've made my best effort and given my all, it's easier for me to move on.

I don't believe in dishing out pieces of myself to undeserving people. I'm a package that comes with guidelines, standards, boundaries, and requirements. I know that might not work for every guy. Those guys are not for me. So in the mean time, until he shows up, I'm gonna crank up this Beyoncé, put on my new dress, and shake my ass in some fabulous heels because that's what single girls do!

I'm on to the next one…

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment