RSS

50 First Dates

After wanting to try this for quite some time, I had my first speed dating experience this weekend. I went by myself and I had a great time. When you walk in all the tables are numbered. You get a wristband that tells you what round you are in and where you’re supposed to sit. Each round gets 5 dates that last 5 minutes each. While sitting, you are given a scorecard to write down the names of all your dates & whether or not you felt you matched with them. The organizers collect the cards at the end of each round. After the event, they review the ratings and if both people choose to match they put you in contact with one another.

I have to admit that the whole experience was very flattering. Not to toot my own horn but (beep beep) because I was definitely in the top tier of people that were there. I had so much fun that I did two rounds so I had a total of 10 dates. Of the 10, I selected yes for 4 of them and maybe for two of them. By the way, they really didn’t have a ‘maybe’ category but being as indecisive as I am, I added my own.

The funny thing about it is since I’ve been in Atlanta I’ve been a lot more outgoing than I was in Houston. A lot of the times I am by myself since I don’t have my girls here. I quickly found out that I can either play the wallflower/homebody or step out and have a good time. This was definitely one of the nights that I chose to step out and have a good time. I met some potential dates as well as potential girls to hang out with so it was a win all around.

It was fun to talk with the women that were there to get their perspectives on dating and Atlanta men in general. I met one woman that swore she was going to meet her husband to be that night. I also met another that was so jaded she had decided that everyone was a NO before the dating even started. Personally, I fell somewhere in the middle…. I guess you could say I was hopeful but not really expecting anything either.

I was somewhat shocked by the quality of men there. There were some cuties, as well as, some not so cuties. One of my mini-dates was with a man that was just like mom’s apple pie…he was sweet sweet sweet, yet he thought we were supposed to believe that he straight? I matched with a lawyer, pharmacist, and an “actor” so that’s not too shabby.

Overall, where else can you get 10 dates & infinite entertainment in one night for $20? I’d say it was a definite bargain. Did I meet my husband….probably not. Would I do it again, ABSOLUTELY!

0 comments:

Post a Comment