RSS

The Perfect Storm

Atliens across the city are pulling their hair out in frustration after being stuck inside for most of the week. Leave it to me to move to Atlanta just in time to experience an unprecedented winter storm. I wished for snow, but I didn’t mean like this.

One good thing about the storm is that it gave me a lot of time to bond with my new puppy! That’s right, I bought a puppy on Saturday. I had been thinking about getting a new pet ever since I moved and due to recent events I decided that now was as good a time as any. My new love is a Shih-Tzu named Sasha B. Fierce. She is every bit as fabulous as her name suggests. I have to admit that purchasing my new furry BFF was the best money that I’ve spent in a long time. Dogs are loyal, happy, and they don’t talk back. It’s impossible for me to be sad when looking at her furry little face. Sasha listens to me talk shit all day and all she does is wag her tail and go about her business. I love it! She’s also very smart and unbelievably adorable. Spending time with her over the past few days made my first snowed-in experience bearable.

On the flip side, because there is always a flip side with me, the snow-in has made it increasingly difficult to move on from him. Being confined to a studio apartment with a limited supply of alcohol is not exactly the ideal cure for a “breakup”. I want nothing more than to go out, party, & pop it for pimp until I forget but in this weather…that’s not happening.

At least when I’m at work I can focus on work but when I’m at home allll day I have nothing but time to THINK. Thinking is not something that I’m trying to do right now. Especially not when the thoughts revolve around him *sigh*. It really sucks to be stranded in baby making weather with no baby making practice partner in sight. The good news is the snow is thawing and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. They say the best way to get over an old man is to get under a new one. I’m ready to test that theory.

0 comments:

Post a Comment