RSS

Up in the Air

I have epiphanies in the strangest places. I was traveling the other day and I missed my flight so I had to fly standby on the next flight. Well that flight was full and I didn’t make the list and ended up having to wait for the NEXT flight. I had been at the airport for about 6 hours at that point and I was pissed to say the least. Well my flight finally arrived and as #10 on the stand-by list I was the last one to be called on the plane. To make the situation even better, I was upgraded to first-class! If I had known, while I was sitting in the airport for 6 hours, that I was gonna be flying first-class with unlimited Chardonnay all the way to my destination I would’ve been a lot more pleasant. The problem is, I didn’t know. I didn’t know how my situation was going to turn out, much like my life in general, so I let worry and stress get the best of me instead of just trusting that the universe would work things out.

There are a lot of aspects of my life that seem to be on standby. I worry about these things daily and it doesn’t do a bit of good. My unexpected first-class experience reminded me that things always work out for the highest good. Always. The chips are going to fall where they will and worrying is just a waste of time.

Not worrying is an unnatural thing for me to do. It goes against every grain of my go-getter personality. I feel like I have to push push push to make everything happen and if I’m not pushing then I feel like I’m not in motion. The thing is, sometimes the best form of action that you can take is inaction. Pushing doesn’t make anything come faster, it just makes you crazy. In the worst case, you could push yourself right into a situation that is worse than where you started from.

As long as you’ve done your due diligence and done everything that YOU can do, there is no need in worrying about what the next person is gonna do. So instead of stressing about all the things and people in my life that are still up in the air, I am going to try my best to stop worrying and enjoy life for what it is right now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment