RSS

Year in Review

I have to say that 2010 was a very good year for me. It started off a little rocky but once I got focused and determined on my path I was able to turn things around. I made a lot of big decisions in 2010 that should change the game for me.

• I started off 2010 with a new number. That allowed me to cut off a lot of toxic friends and exes that seemed to wander in and out of my life on a consistent basis.
• I traveled A LOT and started to really conquer my fear of flying. I saw a lot of different places both domestic and international that shaped my perspective of the world.
• I finished my Masters degree and began to enact some of my major career goals.
• I moved to Atlanta.

In spite of all the things I accomplished last year, I wouldn’t be keeping it real if I didn’t say that I still worry about the things that I haven’t yet obtained. I’m still checking that single box. Instead of looking at my relationship status as a negative or some type of indicator of my self-worth, I see it as an increasingly positive state. Who could be better for me than myself? I’d rather be single than stuck in a loveless marriage or clinging to a dead relationship based on the fear of being alone. To quote one of my favorite Tweeps, “let me just take a moment & thank God for being single because some of y'all are crazier than an upside down roach in church.”

I know that I’m not meant to be alone and I won’t be single forever so while I am I plan to use my time being fabulous and improving myself. Like attracts like so by the time I’m done with me whoever comes in my life will be damn near perfect.

I’m getting closer to that magic number and I’ve accepted the fact that I’m not going to reach a lot of the goals that I said I would by the big 3-0 but 30 is the new 20 anyway…right? One good thing about getting older is that I honestly care less and less about what people think. I have a limited number of fucks to give about people’s opinion of me and I’ve already used most of those throughout my 20s. I’m doing ME in the truest sense of the phrase and what could be better than that?

So yeah, by the end of 2011 I want to find love, lose weight, get out of debt, start my dream job, and rule the world… but you know what? If none of that happens, I think I’ll still be good as long as I’m living life to the fullest on my own terms.

0 comments:

Post a Comment