RSS

Viva la Vida



Whoever said that the way you go into the year, will determine the year you have is full of it. I think NYE 2010 was probably my saddest NYE to date yet 2011 has been the best year ever. I dated… A LOT, turned 30, got promoted, moved 3 times, and finally settled into my new city. As always, there has been some bitter with the sweet, but everything that I’ve let go of has made space for the people and things I have in my life right now. Atlanta has been good to me and I’m happy that I decided to call this city my new home.

For the longest, I expected that turning 30 would lead to some type of panic attack about all the things I haven’t done. I’m so happy that didn’t happen. Sure…there are still things (one thing in particular) I’d like to accomplish…but for that one thing that I haven’t done, there are so many things that I have. Instead of buying into all the myths about life for single women after 30, I’m embracing my age and the knowledge and wisdom that comes with it. I actually think I’m more fabulous now than ever. I know myself - my strengths and my weaknesses. I am fully confident in who I am. Confidence is sexy. What’s hotter than that? In addition to my fabulousity, I have lots of life experience and lessons learned that will prevent me from running around getting myself into all types of crazy predicaments like I did throughout my 20s. I know better, so now I can do better.

Time flies when you're having fun so I plan to live it up and take advantage of every single minute.

0 comments:

Post a Comment