RSS

Next Lifetime

I've been packing all day and I have to say that moving is one time when it doesn't pay to be a Fashionista. I have 50 boxes packed and still have lots of work to do… I own 150 pairs of shoes so packing them all was a burden in itself.

When packing, you frequently have to evaluate the things that you choose to take with you. Some things might be old, outdated, out of style or they could be in good shape but just don't fit your lifestyle anymore. This becomes especially apparent when you have to pay someone to transport these "things" that you have accumulated. Wellllllllllllllllllllllllll *Antoine Dodson voice* let me be the first to tell you that my evaluation of what to take with me is extending far beyond my closet. There are some people and relationships that I am HAPPY to say will not be making the trip to Atlanta with me. You see, everything that I'm taking with me needs to be of value. I'm not gonna pay to transport things that are falling apart and/or no longer useful. That goes for people too… After all, if you know me, you know I hate fakes so all the counterfeits will be left behind. There will be no Goach or Fucci making this trip. You see, real bags stand the test of time. They hold on through wear and tear. They remain the same through thick and thin. They are there when you need them. Unfortunately, counterfeits are the opposite. They look good on the surface to floss a little bit in the club but as soon as you put a little pressure on them, the strap breaks and you are left picking up all your sh*t off the ground. They look the part from a distance but when you get up close you see it's just trash. It's nothing special or remarkable, just more of the same. To quote Jay, "You had a spark when you started but now you're just garbage". Think about it! And honey let me tell you, there are more counterfeit people than bags.

Well no counterfeits here and no counterfeits are coming with me on this journey. So to the inspiration of THIS post, who knows EXACTLY who HE is, BYE! I guess I'll see you next lifetime…but I hope that I don't.

0 comments:

Post a Comment